Xiamen SET Electronics Co., Ltd.
TBP is made up of Thermal Element, Flux Resin, FH, Case, Sealant Epoxy. In the charge/discharge loop, the addition of the thermal break protector (TBP) can provide secondary protection for the lithium-ion battery loop, and trigger the action in case of over-current or over-voltage, so as to reduce the risk of fire or explosion of lithium-ion battery.
SETsafe | SETfuse thermal break protector (TBP) cover rated current (30, 45) A, rated voltage (100VDC), Range of Operating Voltage (6.0 to 72.0) VDC, It complies with RoHS and REACH requirements.
Thermal Break Protector（TBP）
With Feed Heater, A Protector that turns on a Feed Heater to cut off circuit.
Main Circuit (MC)
All conductive components used in switching devices for closing or disconnecting circuits in a circuit.
Control Circuit (CC)
In addition to the main circuit, all conductive parts of the switching apparatus used in the access circuit as the closing operation and / or opening operation of the switching apparatus.
The current used to classify an TBP, which is the Maximum current that TBP allows to carry and is able to cut off the circuit safely.
The voltage used to classify an TBP, which is the Maximum voltage that TBP allows to carry and is able to cut off the circuit safely.
Electric appliances that use electric energy to achieve heating effect.
Value of prospective current that a fuse-link is capable of breaking at a stated voltage under prescribed conditions of use and behavior
Range of Operation Voltage
Under specified conditions, the protector can operate normally to disconnect the voltage.
● Electric Tool
● Storage Battery
● Portable Power Supply
● Electric Motorcycle
● Electric Bicycle
● Household Energy Storage
SETsafe | SETfuse Quality Policy
Provide Industry-Leading Products
Select critical raw materials: Must be from a manufacturer with quality management system (ISO9001, IATF16949) certification.
Annual or Quarterly Audits.
IQC (Incoming Quality Check)
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Dimensions, Function, Visual Inspection, RoHS & REACH Test.
Formulate corresponding incoming inspection specifications (01-QA-06 Incoming Inspection Management Procedure) for each key materials according to design data such as material technical specification.
Testing Equipment and Tools
Projector, Tool Microscope, Salt Spray Tester, Universal Material Testing Machine, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
Online Inspection and Testing.
Process Flow Chart.
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
Quality Control Flow Chart (QCFC).
Inspection Specification for Process, Inspection Specification for Finished Good (SIP).
Work Instruction (WI).
Online Testing and Inspection
Resistance test system (100%).
100% Visual inspection.
IPQC (In Process Quality Control) Inspection
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Dimensions Inspection, Function Test, Visual Inspection.
FQC ( Final Quality Control)
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Dimensions Inspection, Function Test, Visual Inspection, RoHS & REACH Test.
Test Specification (01-TE-01-xxx).
Including 26 items of Appearance Requirements, Electrical Performance, Mechanical Performance, Soldering Performance, Environmental Test and Life Test. e.g.
Internal Resistance Test.
Insulation Resistance Test.
Interrupting Current Test.
OQC (Outgoing Quality Control)
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Packaging, Labeling, Quantity Inspection.
Agency (IATF16949 TUV) Annual Audits.
ISO9001 (TUV approved and issued certificate).
ISO14001, ISO45001, etc.
Click to view the certificate
RoHS & REACH Compliant.
SETsafe | SETfuse
1. When atmosphere press is from 80 kPa to 106 kPa, the related altitude shall be from 2,000 meter to -500 meter.
2. Do not touch the TBP body or electrode lead directly when power is on, to avoid burning or electric shocking.
3. It is necessary to foresee there are possibilities that “Current carrying Capacity” and “Controlled Fusing Time” may be varied along with the condition change in the substrate thermal capacity，etc. Therefore you should check it on your PCB. Generally，when thermal capacity of PCB increases，Current carrying capacity will increase accordingly and Clearing-time will be longer.
4. This product is designed and produced for only general-use of electronics devices. Therefore, we do not suppose that it is used for the applications [Military, Medical and so on] which may cause direct damages on life, bodies or properties of third party.
1. Patch type surface mounting.
2. Do not apply mechanical stress to the protection body during or after the installation.
3.Ultrasonic-cleaning or immersion-cleaning and so on must not be done to TBP before and after mounted. When cleaning is done, flux on element would flow, and it would not be satisfied its specification. Moreover, a similar influence happens when the product comes in contact with cleaning-solution. These products after cleaning will not be guaranteed.
4. Please do not re-use of the TBP removed by the solder correction.
5. Please avoid contacting TBP and resin-mold. The resin might infiltrate into the product, and it doesn’t meet the specification when the resin-mold is done to this product. These products after resin-mold will not be guaranteed.
6. Make sure that the terminals of this product are connected property on the land of circuit board, and the value falls in the rated heater resistance between Terminal P1－P3 and P2－P3.
1. Reflow Soldering Method (For Reference Only）
2. Recommended Soldering Parameters
Solder Iron Temp.:（300 ± 5）℃
Soldering Time:≤ 3 s
TBP is a non-repairable product. For safety aspect, it shall be replaced by an equivalent TBP, and mounted in the same way.
1.TBP must be stored in shaded area where it is not too dusty, with temp. (10 to 30) °C or less with no sudden temperature change, humidity within (30 to 70) % RH, and no corrosive gas in the air. please use them up within 1 year after receiving the goods.
2. This product’s terminals use Ag plating. Ag terminals tend to easily get sulfurized or tarnished, please be cautious about their storage environment as follows.
(1)Unopen packages also must be stored under the storage condition described in Storage Section 1.
(2)After opening packages, products shall be sealed in a bag with high gas barrier property (e.g. aluminum laminated bag), and must be stored under the storage condition described in Storage Section 1.