Xiamen SET Electronics Co., Ltd.
DC-Alloy Thermal-Link / DC-Alloy Thermal Cutoff (DC-ATCO) is defined as a non-resettable protective device functioning one time only. It is widely used in electrical equipment and electric vehicle. DC-ATCO is mainly consist of Thermal Element, Flux Resin, Case, Sealant and Lead Wires. Normally, thermal element is jointed to the two lead wires. Under abnormal conditions, when the temp. reaches to the fusing temp. of DC-ATCO, the thermal element melts and quickly retracts to the two lead wire ends with the aid of the flux resin and disconnects the circuit completely.
SETsafe | SETfuse DC-Alloy Thermal-Link is classified into Axial and Radial shapes, with Rated Current 10 A to 200 A, Rated Functioning Temp. 76 °C to 230 °C, with UL, cUL , Approvals and RoHS, REACH compliant.
A non-resettable device incorporating a THERMAL ELEMENT which will open a circuit once only when exposed for a sufficient length of time to a temperature in excess of that for which it has been designed.
Alloy Type Thermal-Link, Alloy is the thermal element.
Direct Current Alloy Thermal-Link.
Rated Functioning Temp.
The temperature of the Alloy Thermal-Link which causes it to change the state of conductivity with a detection current up to 10 mA as the only load.
Tolerance: Tf 0/-10 °C (GB/T 9816, EN 60691, K60691).
Tolerance: Tf ± 7 °C (J60691).
The temperature of the Alloy Thermal-Link which causes it to change its state of conductivity is measured with silicone oil bath in which the temperature is increased at the rate of 0.5 °C to 1 °C / minute, with a detection
current up to 10 mA as the only load.
The Maximum temperature at which a Thermal-Link will not change its state of conductivity when conducting rated current for 168 hours.
Maximum Temp. Limit
The temperature of the Thermal-Link stated by the manufacturer, up to which the mechanical and electrical properties of the Thermal-Link having changed its state of conductivity, will not be impaired for a given time.
Minimum Breaking Current
The minimum current that Fuse requires after the Alloy of Thermal-Link opens in the circuit.
The current used to classify a Alloy Thermal-Link, which is the Maximum current that Alloy Thermal-Link allows to carry and is able to cut off the circuit safely.
The voltage used to classify a Alloy Thermal-Link, which is the Maximum voltage that Alloy Thermal-Link allows to carry and is able to cut off the circuit safely.
● Battery Cooling Systems
● Pre-charged Resistors
● Automotive Air-Conditioners
● EV Battery Modules
● Power Supplies
● Automatic Electronics
● High Power Solid State Relays
SETsafe | SETfuse Quality Policy
Provide Industry-Leading Products
Select critical raw materials: Must be from a manufacturer with quality management system (ISO9001, IATF16949) certification.
Annual or Quarterly Audits.
IQC (Incoming Quality Check)
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Dimensions, Function, Visual Inspection, RoHS & REACH Test.
Formulate corresponding incoming inspection specifications (01-QA-06 Incoming Inspection Management Procedure) for each key materials according to design data such as material technical specification.
Testing Equipment and Tools
Projector, Tool Microscope, Salt Spray Tester, Universal Material Testing Machine, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
Online Inspection and Testing.
Process Flow Chart.
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
Quality Control Flow Chart (QCFC).
Inspection Specification for Process, Inspection Specification for Finished Good (SIP).
Work Instruction (WI).
Online Testing and Inspection
Resistance test system (100%).
100% Visual inspection.
IPQC (In Process Quality Control) Inspection
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Dimensions Inspection, Function Test, Visual Inspection.
FQC ( Final Quality Control)
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Dimensions Inspection, Function Test, Visual Inspection, RoHS & REACH Test.
Test Specification (01-TE-01-xxx).
Including 26 items of Appearance Requirements, Temperature Characteristics, Electrical Performance, Mechanical Performance, Soldering Performance, Environmental Test and Life Test. e.g.
Rated Functioning Temperature Test.
Holding Temperature Test.
Internal Resistance Test.
Insulation Resistance Test.
Interrupting Current Test.
OQC (Outgoing Quality Control)
AQL(MIL-STD-105E), Packaging, Labeling, Quantity Inspection.
Agency (IATF16949 TUV) Annual Audits.
IATF16949, ISO9001 (TUV approved and issued certificate).
ISO14001, ISO45001, etc.
Click to view the certificate
RoHS & REACH Compliant.
SETsafe | SETfuse
1. When atmosphere pressure is from 80 kPa to 106 kPa, the related altitude shall be from +2000 m to - 500 m.
2. Operating voltage less than rated voltage of DC-ATCO, operating current less than rated current of DC-ATCO.
3. Do not touch the DC-ATCO body or lead wires directly when power is on, to avoid burn or electric shock.
DC-ATCO is a non-repairable product. For safety sake, it shall be replaced by an equivalent DC-ATCO from the same
manufacturer, and mounted in the same way.
Do not store the DC-ATCO at the high temp., high humidity or corrosive gas environment. The product shall be stored at 25 ± 5 °C and ≤ 70% RH, avoid direct sunlight and shall use them up within 1 year after receiving the goods.
Make Sure the Temp. of Installation Position
1. It is recommended that a dummy DC-ATCO with inbuilt thermo-couple shall be used to determine the proper temp.
2. The terminal product should be tested to ensure that potential abnormal conditions do not cause ambient temp. to exceed the Tm of the DC-ATCO.
3. Mount the DC-ATCO at the location where Temp. rises evenly.
Installation position of mechanical performance requirements.
1. Ensure that the electrode lead is long enough, and avoid actions such as press, tensile or twist.
2. The seal or body of DC-ATCO must not be damaged, burned or over heated.
Suitable for the stranded conductor diameter (d) of DC-ATCO ≥1.2 mm.
1. Choose small resistivity riveting material and be riveted.
2. A flexible lead or lead with low resistance should be used to rivet the DC-ATCO.
3. Contact resistance should be minimal, Large contact resistance will lead to higher temp., DC-ATCO Functioning in advance.
1. Soldering should be carried out according to Table -1.
2. The thermal element of DC-ATCO is thermal element with low melting point, which is jointed with DC-ATCO electrode lead. Improper soldering operation (too high soldering temp., too long soldering time etc.) may transfer more heat to the thermal element and DC-ATCO may open in advance.
3. When soldering conditions are more severe than those listed in Table -1, a heat sink fixture should be used between soldering point and DC-ATCO body.
4. When soldering, please do not pull / push or twist DC-ATCO body or stranded conductor.
5. After soldering, let it naturally cool for longer than 20 sec. During cooling, never move the DC-ATCO body or stranded conductor.
TABLE -1 Hand-Soldering Time